Vanagon 2.0 & 2.5L Turbo
Subaru turbo engine into a Vanagon Carat
227HP four cam, 16 valve turbocharged four cylinder boxer engine
Want to have your cake and eat it too? Above is the WRX engine installed in the Vanagon engine bay. The intercooler is the latest air to water model. Everything works on this installation; cruise control, air conditioning as well as all power assist features.
The exhaust system we designed to look like a stock Vanagon's but in 2 1/4" tubing with a free flowing Magnaflow muffler. It doesn't sound like a Vanagon any more. A Porsche style muffler is available.
The 2.5L Forester Turbo engine is beautiful in a Vanagon. It makes 235 lbft of torque at 3600 rpm and 210 horsepower at 5600. It pulls smooth and strong from 1500rpm !
This Vanagon is fitted with Porsche alloy wheels and our disc brake upgrade front and rear. It now stops and turns as well as it accelerates.
A pair of Forester seats were installed to compliment the Vanagon interior.
White gauge faces with 8,000 rpm tachometer finish out the interior package.
Vanagon Turbo Features
A sniff test after a 450 mile
The cost to install a 2.0L or a 2.5L turbo into a Vanagon 2wd manual or automatic is $9975 plus the cost of the motor.
Engines available as of Oct 2013
2002 WRX Turbo with fresh 2.5L short block - $5800
2005 Legacy 250hp Turbo with 77,391 miles - $3500
Other engines available on request, please call or email.
- Vanagon 2.2 & 2.5L Conversions
- Vanagon 2wd to Syncro Conversion
- The 230HP Vanagon VX
- Vanagon EE20 Boxer Turbo Diesel
- Dash Air Conditioning for Vanagons
- Vanagon 2.0 & 2.5L Turbo
- Vanagon 3.0L H6
- Intermeccanica Roadster & Kubelwagen
- The latest Subaru engines
- FAQ For Vanagon Conversions
- Conversion Parts Installation Instructions
- Vanagon-Subaru Donor Parts Checklist
- Completed conversions
- Subaru SVX Tech
- Wiring harness conversion form
- Jan 2, 2014
- First trip in Turbo Diesel Syncro Westy
- Jan 18, 2013
- We are proud to announce our partnership with Intermeccanica of Vancouver BC
- Nov 19, 2012
- California Turbo Diesel Completed - No smog checks for a diesel conversion!
- Oct 19, 2012
- New 321 stainless header arrives !
- Sep 18, 2012
- Second Boxer Diesel Installation!
- Jun 7, 2012
- First trip in the Boxer Diesel, 30.1 mpg !!!
- Apr 30, 2012
- Dash air installed, initial tuning completed!
- Apr 12, 2012
- It's Alive !!! - Subaru EE20 Diesel Vanagon Conversion Update
- Apr 5, 2012
- Turbo Diesel Update II
- Feb 6, 2012
- Turbo Diesel Update
- Jan 17, 2012
- EE20 Turbo Diesel Installation Update
- Dec 16, 2011
- It's Here! The Subaru Boxer Turbo Diesel.
- Mar 3, 2011
- Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?
- Dec 29, 2010
- Our Best Year ever! Happy Holidays
- Nov 17, 2010
- Funny Vanagon Commercial!
- Nov 11, 2010
- Engines to 2011 can now be used
- Oct 19, 2010
- Mexico mileage